04 May 2009

Old Poetry

I found all of this in one of my composition notebooks. :) The last one I was working in, if I'm not mistaken. They start on the 3rd of January 2007 and go on from there until Graduation last year. I'll separate them with a line of stars. Let me know what you think:

Everyone's around
man, there's a crowd.
survey the room, you'd almost miss it.
the feeling of fearful hurt would almost belost.
amongst the black clothing and running mascara,
the white dress and wide eyes could be forgotten.
sadness isn't desired but can't be helped
when the world seems so blissfully colorless
everything IS or ISN'T in a black and white world.

**********

No regrets, only lost possibilities,
open doors now shut to the rain,
the storm of silence and screaming.
Now, to find an escape I must run,
farther than these selfish decisions
to an open door that must be there.
Faster, farther,
in an ink well that's drying,
with the weather writhing and swirling
only to find I'm running in circles
surrounded by closed doors.
here trapped in my own lost possibilities
with no way to escape my regrets.

**********

Lord, they say that I can move these mountains.
They say that my faith is strong enough to move them.
I'm pushing, Lord, and it's just not working.
My legs are growing weary and my hands are calloused.
My body's failing me, Lord, so my faith must not be enough
to move these mountains and watch them fall into the sea.

**********

constant frowns in a sea of red faces
a camera could catch this haze
tragedy rips life to pieces,
yet blurs these faces to one
dependent on one another
and bound by experience.
hugs become a joining of hearts --
broken, shattered --
to give way to healing.
mourning is natural --
the night comes like waves.
Healing rescues with the rising of the sun
and thus the sea of faces will become clearer,
the faces more distinguished.

it's not for us to understand


**********

Night blurs the faces of many
all bound by experience
and dependent on one another.
Darkness joins shattered hearts
creating rain that heals, mends...
longing for peace.
As the first lights come
chills are blotted out by warmth,
love, comfort.

**********


No comments:

Post a Comment