31 May 2009

The Lord is gracious...

In 1 Corinthians Paul tells the church in Corinth that love never fails and doesn't stop. Love is eternal and without blemish.

In Psalm 145, David sings praises of the Lord being slow to anger, abounding in love, and good to all.


After reading 1 Corinthians 13 tonight at Ashton's house, I was truly convicted in my heart. I realized that I don't put love at the forefront of all my relationships. Just reading that one chapter convicted me to an extent that I cannot describe. I know I wrote a poem not too long ago on the same passage, but I see it in a whole different light right now.
The first few verses describe how one can have talents and be the most incredible person in a worldly sense, but if you don't love...you have nothing.

If you cannot love your enemy as it says in Matthew 5:44, you have nothing. It doesn't matter how many PhD's you have or where you went to school. Your car and clothes don't matter. Your background means nothing. How nice you are is of no consequence. If you cannot love that one person that you are trying so hard not to hate, you are nothing more than forgotten, as if you had never existed.

He loves us more than there is distance between east and west. I don't even know how to comprehend how far the east is from the west! How can I begin to comprehend His love? I hurt Him on a daily basis by allowing my flesh to overtake my life and actions, and yet He still loves me!
How can I NOT love others in an attempt to be more like Him? How can I refuse that love and refuse to pass it on to others?!

Romans 13:8 says "Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law."


No comments:

Post a Comment