08 December 2010

middle

Well, it's Wednesday. Halfway through this week of insanity.
I have one ten page paper to write before tomorrow at 10am and a test on Friday at 10:30am.
Not. Too. Bad.

I've had Beautiful Exchange stuck in my head all day - I woke up with it playing on repeat up there. I even looked up the chords. Too bad I'm at work all day. Jude and I will get quality time tomorrow, I hope.

My painting is finished, but I forgot to take a picture. I'll add that later this afternoon after I go to class. I'll actually add pictures of all of them on this post so you can take a gander at my garish work. I've definitely enjoyed the class, but I feel like I know LESS about what I'm doing now than when I started.
Isn't that how things work, though? I feel like I know absolutely nothing about writing an essay, though I've been writing them for years now. I feel like I know less about God than I ever have...but I am closer to Him now than ever. I don't mind that so much. There's beauty in not understanding. Don't mistake that for confusion. I'm not confused about God...just very much incapable of understanding.

As much as our words hold little value and mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things, I love them. Words. Words. Words. What can words possibly mean? They are supported by nothing. I heard a story one time of a woman who believed the earth was resting on the back of a giant turtle. Someone asked her what that turtle was standing on. She said another turtle, and so on. Our words are like that. You can't honestly say you trust the word of every person you come into contact with. That takes time. And even when you trust the promises someone gives you, it's through seeing their actions back up those words.
Faith without works is vain, yes?
All of that to say this: I love the analogies we make for our Father's love. They are new everyday. Even if one song has said it a million times, it will hit you so hard in the face sometimes and just blow your mind. I love it.
I don't know if I heard this somewhere and wrote it in my journal a year ago or if it's original, but I love it:
"Take hostage our hearts, Father."
Take hostage our hearts, Lord, and steal us away from every distraction we would long for outside of You.

I'm so quick to move instead of listening to You.
I'm Your child. Take my heart.
Obedience to me, impart.
still.

--

From Drop Box
(the first 4 paitings in this order: bottom left, top right, top left, bottom right)

From
(self portrait)

From arts
(This one's the final. Bad quality photo, but the painting's not any better than what you see..seriously my least favorite)

3 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing and beautiful artists! Your talent is fabulous! :)) Love you, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the duck painting! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Linds thanks love. =)
    @Erin Thanks!! That's a portrait of my rubber duck, Little Richard! The very first one of the semester.

    ReplyDelete