08 December 2010

break my heart for..

This is kind of a random post and most likely won't be very long because I'm headed out to dinner shortly - Mexican. Not the Mexican from home, aka THE Mexican, but it will do for now. And I need a break before diving into this ten page research paper that MUST.BE.DONE. tonight.


I had a conversation with someone today that really just broke me. I won't divulge the details, but I can say it wasn't a conversation where one or the other of us had done something wrong. It really sent my mind into a whirlwind, though. I know Hillsong sings a line that says, "break my heart for what breaks Yours." I have honestly never felt so broken over something that I've known about than what was discussed in this conversation.
It has a lot to do with worth. What do you value? What is most important to you? Where have you allowed Satan to come in and conquer territory that belongs to God?
Where's your heart?
My whole body is crying out, "Abba, take our hearts hostage." Don't let us fall into the trap of thinking our only way out is to give in to Satan's snares and traps. Take our hearts hostage. Captivate us with YOU until there's nothing else we see, nothing else we desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment