24 December 2010

God --> love --> us

I've been thinking about this for a little while - mulling it around in my head. I can't quite remember what exactly made me think of it, but it blew my mind and it has been blowing my mind for a while. I don't think I've blogged it, but if I have - I'm sorry. It's worth repeating.


God loves us.


Scripture says God loves us abundantly - extravagant, unending, explosive, mind-blowing, faithful LOVE.
Scripture says our hearts over flow with said love.

If our hearts are overflowing with the never-ending supply of love offered us by God, what happens to the abundance? What happens to the love that doesn't fit into our cup?

Scripture says we are all sinners who have fallen short of the glory of God.
A sinner, by definition, is spiritually dead and, therefore, separated from God, which is love. This, in turn, means a sinner, by definition, is incapable of loving.



God died for the sinner.

Jesus died for me.
Jesus died for you.
Jesus died for, collectively, us.

Because God conquered sin, death, through this sacrifice, sinners are able to come into the presence of God -- Love.


Because God loved us, even as sinners, and allowed us to enter into the presence of Love, we are filled with God's love.



The abundance of Love that our poor human hearts can't contain....
We use that to love other people.



God uses His abundance of Love through us, those He loves, to love others.
Without God, we wouldn't be able to love one another.





mind.blown.

No comments:

Post a Comment