12 December 2010

my boring life

Glee was grand. I finally watched the last episode. I liked it.
I also caught up on Grey's Anatomy - the last two episodes - and I seriously almost threw up at the end of the last one. Arizona came back from Africa because of Torrez, but Torrez shut the door in her face.
I feel like an idiot for being so caught up in the drama of Grey's, but it's just so good.
Now, I'm watching Sarah Palin's Alaska. This show seriously makes me laugh. I mean, don't get me wrong, Sarah seems like a great mom .... but I'm kind of glad she's not VP right now. She's hilarious. They had moose hotdogs.
She talks a lot about seeing Russia from her house and THAT cracks me up.

I also fought with Caitlin over the significance of Titanic. This is a weekly discussion.
And every time we discuss it, Titanic comes on tv.

I've also restarted So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore. I started it last February, but never finished it. With school and everything else going on in my life, I didn't have time to really devote myself to it. I've realized in the past few weeks that I'm still bound to some of the same insecurities I battled with a year ago...some of them, praise the Lord, are no longer chained to me - glory be to God alone because I can't do it. I'm not saying Beth Moore has the power in her words to get rid of my insecurities, but I think she's got a pretty good recipe for figuring out what they are and fighting back.
I'm tired of being bound by my insecure thoughts to the point that it just makes me angry when i feel myself leaning in that direction. It's time to make some changes. Big ones. I doubt it'll be a one-stop fix. The process is bound to be long. I'm willing and ready.
I read chapters 1 & 2 last night and seriously got uncomfortable. I almost put the book down, but I got through it. I'll be doing two chapters a night until I get finished with it.
Praying Satan doesn't have any foothold in my head or heart and I can persevere to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment