14 July 2009

blurg

Parents bother me sometimes...with the words they say and don't mean, the ones they DO mean.
They tell you not to burn bridges, but they're lighting the match as the seconds tick on the clock.
God calls for us to forgive and forget, but somewhere inside I don't think that means be stupid.
Learning through experience that some people will hurt you repetitively isn't the sweetest, but it's necessary.
Should you continue to trust this person? I think that it's possible to trust someone after they've hurt you so.
Should you continue to rely on them and allow them into your inner circle? No. Reliability is gained, like trust.
I don't think that forgiveness means we are required to give others the means to hurt us again and again.
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I've heard this phrase so many times in life.
Ironically, I'm beginning to think it's true. I don't want to, because I want to trust others.
I'm beginning to realize it might not be a matter of my desire, but rather of their desire.
Whoever said "words can never hurt me," was only putting up a front. That phrase is written boldly on the mask I wear.

------------------------------------

I have four best friends - four. I realized this last night..or the other day. I'm not quite sure when I realized it. All of a sudden, I just knew.
While I have many close friends and people that I value dearly, there are four that 'stick closer than a brother.' There are four that I would call if I won the Lottery. There are four that I know will be here in a split second, regardless of the circumstances.
Four.

No comments:

Post a Comment