05 July 2009

pulling on my heartstrings

I've been in thought a lot lately and prayer a little bit [I am fixing that] about my future - college, yes, but also careers and where I'm supposed to be.

Growing up is a big deal and I feel like it's upon me already.

"Your mercy calls me to be like You and Your favor is my delight"

to be in His favor and in His perfect will is the desire of my heart. I want to be more like Him and do what He would have me do...but sometimes I don't know what that is.

Last Sunday, Ricky made us do a "gifts of the Spirit" test or whatever to give us a little insight as to what our gifts are. Encouragement, serving, knowledge.

I've seen God work in my life. I've seen His hand in everything and to this very moment, this very day, I see how He uses me.
Tonight I just got the overwhelming feeling that my calling in this life is to be an encouragement to others - to build up my Christian brothers and sisters in His Word.

I'm not sure what this means when it comes to the career field, but I know in my heart and mind that this is what He wants me to do .. this is what He's already been using me to do.

I just pray for guidance on this road....I know He will give it.

No comments:

Post a Comment