23 July 2009

"Lord I'm amazed..."

"by you...how you loved me"


"You dance over me while I am unaware...You sing all around, but I never hear the sound"


have you ever thought about how infinite God is? I was sitting at the Chick with Nan today and we were just discussing the Lord and how ancient the words of the Bible are.

It's hard to fathom how much time has passed on this earth because honestly we don't know exactly how long ago Adam and Eve lived here in Eden, but at the same time, it's hard for me to even think back to 1776. That was a good 200 and some years ago. I can't begin to comprehend everything that has happened in that amount of time or how things have changed. I can't comprehend that time.

Now think about this - God is timeless. People have been worshiping Him since the beginning of time. How hard it is for us as humans to comprehend that let alone before time. He has loved me as long as there has been time...and even longer. He has ruled for longer than there have been people.

Time seems so infinite - unstopping, unwavering, always going forward, never moving backwards, not slowing down for anyone, or speeding up at all. "Time is filled with swift transition, naught of earth unmoved can stand..." Time is a constant infinite, it seems to the human mind...but in reality, time is finite. Time had a beginning and time will one day come to an end.

Our God...He won't. He has always been, is today, and will always be.
He is more dependable than time, than change. He is more constant than these things.

If we have trouble comprehending what is bound by time, how much more difficult is it to understand God?! How much greater is He?!

No comments:

Post a Comment