19 July 2009

"Your Name"



I was listening to this song while I was in the shower this morning and I was completely blown away by the power of His name.
My cousin turned me onto this book called "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. I'm roughly halfway through the first chapter, but basically he's been talking about how infinite God is...His being is so much more than we can possibly begin to comprehend. We've all been taught that at some point in our lifetime. If not taught, told. It's hard to teach infinity when we can't comprehend it.
When I take a shower, I am completely alone - away from my phone, my computer, television, internet, books, people, everything. I am by myself with the Lord. I'm not under scrutiny or in the presence of anything that can distract me. This is the time when God has revealed Himself to me so many times before.
I'd closed my eyes to listen to the Christian music playing on Alfred. "Your Name" by Phillips, Craig, & Dean came on and I concentrated on really understanding the words, something I rarely do. I listen the first time I hear a song, but after that I often find myself reciting the words without thinking about their magnitude and meaning. I've heard this song so many times and I know the words by heart, but closing my eyes in the shower and just comprehending these words was so incredible.
This song says that we can hide in the shadow of His name and be safe, sheltered from adversity and storms. Nothing can save but His name. We pray in His name. We worship in His name. We breathe His name. In His name we move mountains and cast out demons. In His name we speak peace and comfort over those around us.

If we can do all of this entirely in.His.name, what more can we do with the power that rests in everything that is Him.

The Bible says we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. [Romans 8:37]

What fear are we to have when the One to whom we belong has a name more powerful than any adversity we could face in life?!

No comments:

Post a Comment