06 July 2009

hey look it's today!

Last night didn't go over too well. I didn't go to bed until 4 or later because I was talking with April about a lot of stuff that's been going on in life lately...
Bible Study was fun last night, but Mother Teresa asked her how her Daddy died and all. I knew it was going to get to her, but she didn't want to show it..just like the mention of my Papa dying was kind of like a splinter being pushed a little farther in my heart. So we kind of had a cryfest for a little while about that and a few other things that have been going on in the past week...most of you who read this know what those things are, even if you don't think you do.

Anyway, right when I was getting ready to go to bed, I heard the house phone ring which is weird. It never rings unless it's Kasey calling to talk to Will. It especially never rings past 11 or 12 at night and here it was 3:30 or so in the morning. Evidently Granny had called Aunt Bonnie and Kalin picked up [me and my crazy insomniac cousins!]. She was sick and couldn't move...I really don't know what was going on. Anyway, I didn't answer the phone, but then heard someone leave a message and figured that if they were leaving a message, someone was real bad sick. It was Aunt Bonnie calling to say she was fumbling for clothes to go see about Granny.
I went to Mom and Dad's room to wake them because my dad needed to go, even though he's pretty dumb when it comes to stuff like that.
Now, those of you who know my mom know that she's pretty skiddish. She scares easily and I've learned since I was a child to try and announce myself before I go in their room because she's liable to come out swinging. Well, in lapse of judgement, I didn't yell at her loud enough so when I touched her hand to wake her up, she started screeching at the top of her lungs and swinging her fists like I was trying to murder her. She told me later she'd been dreaming of NCIS. Dad said "GERRI GERRI GERRI STOP YELLIN' IT'S JUST YOUR DAUGHTER." Ridiculous I tell you.
Anyway, Dad threw clothes on and went to Granny's. Mom came in and apologized for trying to maul me. And I tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't.

My mind was going over everything time and time again. So I texted April and told her I couldn't sleep. I was worried about Granny and fretting over friends. We talked until I fell asleep finally in an angry sort of mood only to awaken to six text messages and parents slamming things and yelling. Sometimes I wonder if they are the adults or if my brothers and I are. They are more immature than we are most of the time - fighting over pointless things, getting in a huff over nothing, and not being able to control their anger and words. But there's no talking to them or making them see the error of their ways. When it comes to me or Will or Brad...we are never right.

So I spent today with strawberries covered in whipped cream, my Anne book, and the cool breeze. Finally I've finished Anne of the Island. Anne and Gil are together at last. I don't know how the rest of the books are going to go or how they could possibly top the last page of the third one...but we will see. :) I'm so glad Jen let me borrow these this summer. They make my heart hurt some, but I love them. :D How could someone not fall in love while reading them? If not with the poetic words, with Gil and Anne! I would love a Gilbert..to court me as he courted Anne and wait for me, though I may be stupid...but I would hope I wouldn't be.

I think I'm going to go and find something to cook in a few. I'm famished.

Oh yes, the concerts were fabulous. :) The last one was a little clouded by bad attitudes, and for some reason I feel like that's not finished being dealt with on all sides, but Sam Bradley and his band of 'men' are much fun. I'd love to cavort about Nashville with them walking to and fro taking silly pictures.
I could make a life of it! hahaha


mmm...secrets, I've sent two emails to people I don't know...relatives of each other. I received a reply to one and none to the other, not to my surprise. Let's see where this leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment