09 January 2011

Understanding

Sometimes I want so bad just to understand. I want to stop having questions and wondering why and I want to rest in the peace of knowing.
That's a lie. I want to know so that I can fix things if it's a question about something that just doesn't seem right. I want to know so that I can continue noticing something that is right.
I want to know. I want to know why snow comes when it doesn't usually. I want to know why fights happen. I want to know why a 'worship experience' doesn't touch everyone like it touches one. I want to know why a generation above and below me can't see GOD. I want to know why people buy milk and bread when there's a potential snow storm. I want to know why, even when I feel closest to God, I don't feel satisfied. I want to know what made God choose green for the grass and trees and blue for the sky. I want to know why He didn't use black. I want to know why I waste time. I want to know why things change. I want to know how God knew that hugs would be so powerful. I wonder why it was a hug and not something else. Why make dirt brown? Why is memorizing scripture so complicated? Why is cold weather so uncomfortable?
Sometimes I think I find too much comfort in words.

"When there are many words, sin is unavoidable, but the one who controls his lips is wise." - Proverbs 19:10

No comments:

Post a Comment