08 February 2009

Sometimes I hate myself.

Hate is a strong word....I really mean "Sometimes I get angry with myself."

I love going to church, but I always seem to miss it. My motivation to get out of bed on any given day is lacking. This morning was definitely one of those mornings.

However, I usually find myself being semi-productive instead of sleeping as if the morning didn't exist. While most of you know, I'm not your normal kid. You'll probably never see me in pants or shorts, and for more on that, go here. (3 paragraphs from the end) Part of that reasoning comes from my upbringing -- as a member of a Message Church [if you're confused, CLICK] -- and the rest of it is a personal choice. Anyway, I was listening to a sermon this morning and it really hit home.
Here's the quote::
"There He is, going yonder to Calvary. As He's moving up the hill, and His poor, little shoulder rubbing, the old bee of death humming around Him, "It ain't going to be long till I'll get Him."
Buzzing all around and around, and after while it had to sting Him. But, friend, you know, if a bee ever stings anybody deeply, he can't sting no more. He pulls his stinger out. So he hasn't got no more stinger. And I tell you, that's the reason God was made flesh, here on earth, in order to hold the stinger of death. And now the--death has no more sting. The bee can swarm and buzz, but he can't sting. "O death, where is thy sting? Grave, where is thy victory?"
But Christ, the kinsman Redeemer has made a way of escape for every believer on this earth today. The bee might hum; the bee might buzz; the bee might try to make you afraid. But I can point yonder to Calvary, where God Himself was made flesh, when He held the stinger of death, and took my place as a sinner, and paid the price."

I never thought about how bees lose their stingers when they sting someone. 1 Corinthians 15:55 says, "O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?" Jesus took the stinger of death when he died on the cross for us. So, no matter how hard Satan tries to badger us and beat us down, we are MORE than conquerors through Jesus Christ! (Romans 8:37)

This weekend has been hectic, though a little less stressful than the week itself. I've realized that getting out of the Word reflects in the rest of your life -- your relationships with friends and family, your actions, your moods, the atmosphere around you. All of those are affected by the health of your walk with the Lord. Unfortunately, I must confess, mine has suffered.
--
It's been almost a year since I've listened to Kenny Chesney for one solid day. I feel most of you cringing in repulsion. :P He reminds me of summer and with the weather these past two days, I've been close to heaven. :)
Summer, I believe, will be extraordinary this year.
agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment