13 February 2009

I'm in heaven

or what is known as "temporary bliss." [though that line does remind me of "Cheek to Cheek" as in Top Hat with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers] <3 I made one of my mother's incredible casserole dishes for supper tonight. :P I was soon engulfed with the craving for key lime pie [no, I am NOT pregnant!] and decided to google an easy recipe. ;) However, I realized all too quickly that we didn't have lime juice. Still feeling Betty Crocker overtaking my mind, I decided to make cheesecake. Yes, I pulled a Joel Mason and made a cheesecake. I'm sure most of you don't know who Joel is, so allow me to explain. He and I went to the same school from kindergarten until he graduated the year before I did. I took a few AP classes with him junior year and he always made cheesecake from scratch. It was the absolute best cheesecake I have ever had............second of course to Junior's in New York City.

My cheesecake was completely from scratch--crust and all--and now I feel fabulous! I probably won't eat any of it tonight, but will snack all weekend, hopefully putting on a few extra pounds, and what leftovers there are, if any, will return with me to Rome.

home for the weekend. <3