17 August 2009

packing, pacing, parcels, practice

Though you may be a born-again Christian, sometimes you need personal reassurance, a reminder, that God really loves you and that you are precious to Him. Sometimes what happens in life can take away the true conviction that he loves you - the genuine awe that His love should inspire in us - and sometimes we just need to be told.
If you think about it, that's why we tell each other 'I love you.' While we know that our friends and family love is, it's verbal reassurance - a simple boost - to remind us. Parents, family, friends .. even God. We want to assure them that we do have a love for them and it is still there..speaking it and reminding makes it much more real to us and gives us a boost. We are dependent creatures and need those words and actions to keep our finite minds from knowing and holding to the promise that God has made to us. "Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine. Oh! What a foretaste of glory divine. Heir of salvation, purchased of God. Born of His spirit, washed in his blood."

"You dance over me
while I am unaware
You sing over me
and I never hear a sound
Lord, I'm amazed
by You
Lord I'm amazed
by You
and how You love me.."

No comments:

Post a Comment