26 January 2010

my heart

This is incredibly the cry of my heart of late...I read it in some Christy Nockels lyrics earlier and was rid of my breath.

Let me be in love with what You love
Let me be most satisfied in You
Forsaking what this world has offered me
I choose to be in love with You
I will choose to be in love with You

Let me know the peace that's mine in You
Let me know the joy my heart can sing
For I have nothing Lord apart from You
I choose to call on Christ in me
I will choose to call on Christ in me

For in the fullness of who You are
I can rest in this place
And giving over this, my journey Lord
I see nothing but Your face

Let me know that You have loved me first
Let me know the weight of my response
For You have long pursued my wandering heart
I choose to glory in Your cross
I will choose to glory in Your cross

And I bow down...
Humbly, I bow down...
Humbly, I bow down...
I bow down...

I bow down, I bow down
my beloved- here I am
I bow down, I bow down to You...


2 Corinthians 5:8 "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."

Oh my Adonai! How can I hear these words, feel them in my heart, and not be moved by You?! How my heart longs to be with You and You alone! This day, I give you my thoughts, I give you my time. Josh has been teaching on priorities of late...how we have 167 hours outside the 1 hour we spend a week at some sort of service. Lord, I know the majority of my 167 hours outside of that gathering are spent worrying, thinking on things outside of You! Abba, I choose to be in love with You! In the fullness that You are, I can rest! I can be at peace in this journey. I can find joy even in the times when I feel I have no foothold or am sure to sink in the water. Adonai, all I have need of is to look at You - to train my sight on You, Father, and keep it there. I am constantly tossed by the wind, though I desire to be rooted and grounded in You! The more I am with You, the more I know I should be with You always! How majestic even Your whisper!! Let alone a shout from You! How marvelous are Your works - are Your ways of moving in us! How humbling to know Your might! I praise You, Father. I praise You.

No comments:

Post a Comment