13 April 2011

The helpless entrusts himself to You; You are a helper of the fatherless. Break the arm of the wicked and evil person; Call his wickedness into account until nothing remains of it.
-Psalm 10:15

My attention has been on the early Psalms for a good week. I've meditated on Psalm 16 and tried so hard to understand. I want to know what it means for God to be my portion and my cup of blessing. What does David mean when he says God holds his future? How have the boundary lines of my life fallen in pleasant places? How has this made my inheritance beautiful?

I can't help but think that these boundary lines are like Proverbs 22:8 says - don't move them. God has set them up purposefully. Gosh, we have free will to choose His eternal pleasures and abundant joy. We see boundaries as confining, but when you're hugging someone, do their arms feel confining to you? or comforting?

This verse in Psalm 10 caught my eye last night - I was legitimately 3/4 asleep, but I saw this. I had a comment beside it in my Bible that I'm pretty sure is a quote from Beth Moore - "Bend your knees, Beth, or I'll break them."

I don't want my sins to be exposed - any of them - because it's embarrassing when I mess up. It's embarrassing to just fall apart and not have it together and not be good at what I've grown up knowing. Pride? At its finest. But this verse kind of throws that out the window. I don't think I'm a horrible person, but "wicked and evil" apply at times. I was born in sin. God has redeemed me, but I still mess up .. A LOT. I remember praying over this verse one time a few months ago to ask God to call my wickedness into account until it's just GONE - until it's not there. God, call me out!

It seems kind of insane, but think about it. What a relief.



But I have trusted in Your Faithful Love; my heart will rejoice in Your deliverance. - Psalm 13:5

No comments:

Post a Comment